Wednesday, October 9, 2013

New Book Release: Warden (Book 2: Lure of the Lamia)

Hot on the heels of Extraction (which was just published two weeks ago), I'm happy to finally be able to say that Warden (Book 2: Lure of the Lamia) - the second book in my Warden series - has finally been released.


This release actually comes a little later than I intended, but you know what they say about the best laid schemes of mice and men.  I had originally anticipated publishing Warden 2 no later than the end of September,  but with Extraction being released around that time period maybe it's better that I wasn't able to maintain the initial schedule. 

Regardless, I am happy that the book is now available and hopefully readers of the series will thoroughly enjoy it.  As always, I think my artist, Isikol, did a great job with the cover.  He really has a knack for incorporating not just the major elements but also minor details.

On my part, I like to think that I'm continuing to write interesting stories with engaging characters. When I start writing a book, the characters typically feel like old friends that I'm finally having a chance to catch up with after an extended amount of time apart. It's fun to learn what they've been up to and what they've been doing with themselves in the interim.  That's why, from my aspect, it usually feels like the story tells itself: the characters let me know what's going, rather than vice versa. In other words, I'm little more than a secretary taking dictation.

Be that as it may, it's always great to insert that last period and bring a story to a close.  However, as often happens when it comes to publishing a book, I'm both frightened and elated to a certain extent.  I'm thrilled to have a finished product, but at the same time I'm a little afraid of sending my baby out into the big, bad world.  Still, as with actual children, at some point you have to push them out of the nest. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that my little birdie here can - if not soar - at least be able to glide gently to a safe landing.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews