Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Mutation Progress

Here's one you don't see every day (at least mooks like me don't) - the two books in my Kid Sensation series are ranked #1 and #2 in one of their categories:



Best Sellers in Superhero Fantasy eBooks

 
1.
Mutation: A Kid Sensation Novel (Kid...
Kindle Edition
$3.99
2.
Sensation: A Superhero Novel
Kindle Edition
$3.99
To a certain extent, it feels like Thunderdome: Two books enter; one book leaves...  Seriously though, all I can say is that I feel blessed that the books seem to be finding an audience, and I'm continually floored by the level of support my writing has received.  Over the past week Mutation broke into the Top 1000 in the paid Kindle Store (the highest rank I saw it get to was #691), and I even find myself with an Amazon Author Rank that's in the Top 100 for Fantasy and Science Fiction. It really does feel like I'm on some wild ride, but at the moment I'm really loving it!

Needless to say, Amazon has been - and continues to be - a big part of my success. At the same time, however, I'm attempting to establish a foothold on other platforms: Barnes & Noble, Kobo, etc. (Trying to avoid putting all my eggs in one basket, so to speak.) Truth be told, though, I'm struggling to find ways to market to those with Nook and Kobo e-readers. Most of the powerful promotional tools seem geared towards the Kindle (and you can't blame them for that), but I'm still so new to all this stuff that I'm probably overlooking something.











2 comments:

  1. One, I love your books. Two, I am an avid reader but I only follow a few authors (those who write books I REALLY love).

    But in regards to this post, I have an author I follow (she has been an amazing writer and I am trying to write a book now). Her name is Lindsay Buroker, and she writes a lot on her blog about HOW to get into other places and what to do with it.

    http://www.lindsayburoker.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Francesca,

    Thanks for the kind comments; hearing that someone loves my books will never get old, I promise you!

    I am familiar with Lindsay Buroker's blog and it's great. Quite often, if I'm researching an indie topic, I'll discover that she's already done a fantastic write-up on it - whether it be using social media, advertising, what have you. Plus, she does an amazing job with guest interviews. (For instance, I believe she had one with a librarian that talked about getting your book into libraries.) I can't admit to reading it regularly, but her blog is a wealth of truly useful info.

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews