Monday, July 22, 2013

The Sensation Sequel

I've obviously been neglecting my blog this month, but not without reason.  I've been hard at work putting the finishing touches on the sequel to Sensation. Part of the problem is that every time I re-read the thing, I keep seeing additional items that I want to tweak. (My editor would probably be horrified to know that, since she proofed what was purportedly the final draft a few weeks back.) I plan to read it for [hopefully] the final time over the next day or so.

My cover artist, Isikol, is also hard at work producing another awesome cover. He did a fantastic job on the first book, so I'm hoping that lightning will strike twice in that regard.

As to a release date, I don't have anything specific in mind yet.  Basically, it will be as soon as I can get all of the essential elements in place - with any luck, some time in the next week or two.  But the announcement of it will probably be something as simple as a short blurb on this blog and a tweet.  (I'm a terrible planner; anything more complicated than that and I'll probably screw it up.)

In other news, I'm also working on the next book in my Warden series.  The plan, for now, is to alternate between the two series - writing a book for one, then the other - as well as maybe penning a few other novels that have been eating away at my brain recently.  Hopefully it will all work out, but right now this entire self-publishing venture feels like one giant experiment. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews