Thursday, June 13, 2013

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Book Promotion


Years ago, I read an interview with a musician who described what it felt like the first time he heard one of his songs on the radio.  I can't remember exactly what he said, but the word "surreal" comes to mind.  Regardless, I had a similar experience recently when I received an email from Amazon that contained the following:







Hopefully it's not too hard to read, but this is an email from Amazon recommending my own book  Sensation to me!  How cool is that???!!! (Not to mention, as I said before, surreal.)

Naturally, I'm pretty pleased about it (because I assume this means it's being recommended to other people), but I wish I knew how to quantify the effect.  In other words, does this have an effect on book sales?  If so, how much? To what extent does it weigh in a buyer's decision vs. a tweet saying something similar or a reviewer's blog? 

Or maybe it doesn't even matter.  After all, I'm getting a lot of positive exposure from this and that's probably enough.  I feel blessed that the book is continuing to do well, and I'm grateful for all the support I'm receiving.  Hopefully, I'll keep getting cool emails like this well into the future.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews